Top Teacher Learning Intervention Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Top Teacher Learning Intervention Challenge (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage eligible entrants (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to use their creativity and experience to submit the most innovative and effective learning intervention practices out there! Branching Minds will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the“Rules”).
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Branching Minds with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, for example, a “green card”). Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Branching Minds, and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Branching Minds, Inc. (“Branching Minds” or “Sponsor”), a Delaware corporation with principal place of business at 1407 Broadway, 24th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on March 5, 2015 12pm Eastern Time (ET) Zone in the United States and ends April 17, 2015, 11:59pm Eastern Time (ET) Zone (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, visit the Contest website located at https://topteacher.wufoo.com/forms/zeqftsv0u2lr34/ (“Contest Site”) during the Contest Period and follow the instructions that appear there. You will be requested to complete the official entry form (“Entry Form”) with all information requested by the Entry Form (such information, collectively, the “Intervention Write Up”). The entry must meet the “Entry Requirements,” described below.
The completed Entry Form can be submitted virtually or as a hard copy by mail. To submit an entry digitally, please follow the instructions on the Contest Site. To submit an entry in hard-copy form, the entry must be mailed in an envelope with proper postage affixed, to following mailing address:
Branching Minds, Inc.
c/o Maya Gat
New York, NY 10018
Entries received without a completed Entry Form will be disqualified.
You may submit as many Entry Forms as you want. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by Branching Minds); (ii) received by April 17th, 2015 11:59pm Eastern Time (ET); and (iii) in English (unless otherwise specified). Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. Branching Minds accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of entry. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry.
6. LEARNING INTERVENTION REQUIREMENTS. The Intervention Write Up you provide must meet the following criteria (“Intervention Requirements”):
- They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, torturous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where created.
- They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, will be evaluating the Intervention Write Ups. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry Form that does not meet the Intervention Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
7. JUDGING: Each Intervention Writeup will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”: (i) Well Written: The copy is clearly understandable and well organized. Grammar, punctuation and spelling are correct; (ii) Immediate Use: Can a teacher begin using this learning support as soon as s/he finishes reading your copy?; (iii) Creative/Unique:Is this an innovative application of an established intervention/approach, or is it a creative and new intervention/approach that you invented?; (iv) Viability: How well does this intervention address the academic/behavioral area you selected in the application; (v) Visuals Included: If possible, have you uploaded a PDF of a worksheet or visual to help implement this intervention; and (vi) adherence to the Intervention Requirements and these Rules.
Number of Winners Selectes: There will be 1 winner for each of five categories of learning interventions: Games, Apps, Activities, Strategies, and Tools.
Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified on or before May 1, 2015 by email.
Tie-breaker: In the event of a tie at any level of judging, Branching Minds will re-evaluate the tied entries according to the Criteria until the tie is broken.
Decisions of Branching Minds are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Branching Minds reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
Notification of Finalists and Winners: Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Intervention Write Up that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential winner. The potential winner(s) will be selected and notified by email. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Branching Minds are final and binding.
8. PRIZES: The winner in each of the five categories of learning interventions will receive $50, in the form of a check.
9. TAXES: AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO BRANCHING MINDS ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY BRANCHING MINDS TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES BRANCHING MINDS IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, potential winners must submit tax documentation requested by Branching Minds or otherwise required by applicable law, to Branching Minds or a representative for Branching Minds or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. The potential winner, and if the winner is a minor, their parents or legal guardians, are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Branching Minds may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Branching Minds reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in Branching Minds’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or Branching Minds.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between Branching Minds and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the Doodle (excluding Branching Minds’s rights in the Branching Minds logo/trademark). As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Branching Minds a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Doodle and the inventions depicted therein for any purpose, including display on the Branching Minds website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned. Branching Minds retains all rights in the Branching Minds products and services and entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any Branching Minds intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
13. PUBLICITY. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by Branching Minds at Branching Minds’s expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by Branching Minds. Branching Minds will contact Entrants in advance of any Branching Minds-sponsored media request for interviews.
14. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their Intervention Write Ups are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Intervention Write Up and that they have the right to submit the Intervention Write Up in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Intervention Write Up that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Intervention Write Up or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
15. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
16. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER. Branching Minds is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed Doodles or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. Branching Minds is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
17. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
18. ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Branching Minds of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in New York, NY, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
19. WINNER’S LIST: You may request a list of winners after June 15th, 2015 by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Top Teacher Learning Intervention Challenge
Branching Minds, Inc.
c/o Maya Gat
New York, NY 10018
(Residents of Vermont need not supply postage).