Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Branching Minds mission is to empower ALL educators to effectively, efficiently and equitably support the holistic needs of their students; to create a path to academic and personal success for EVERY learner. Our mission is rooted in respect for individuals, their shared rights and their unique learning needs. Our mission respects the values of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity.
We believe that in order to achieve a mission committed to serving a diverse community of educators and students, our work must be driven by diverse thinkers; that if we are to push the American school system to honor the whole child for every child, we must ensure that we honor and include the whole of each of our teammates; and that if we aim to achieve equity for ALL students, we must practice equity amongst ALL of Branching Minds (BRM).
Our Core Values:
At Branching Minds, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where everyone, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, professional and life experiences, disabilities and abilities; feels valued and respected. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to continuing to create a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for diversity, inclusion and equity, Branching Minds strives to:
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the school communities we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our staff and advisory bodies.
- Lead with respect and empathy. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.